Taking the team away often generates really productive results. However, how do you go about finding the perfect corporate retreat for your business?
The benefits of team building have been well documented over the years. Taking your staff out of the office and encouraging collaboration and communication is an effective way to boost productivity, send morale soaring, and get the creative juices flowing!
What is a Corporate Retreat?
Increasingly, company owners are realising the advantages of using a corporate retreat for their team-building activities. However, whilst the name implies something rather luxurious, a corporate retreat is still firmly focused on generating tangible results. The main difference between a retreat and a team-building session is that one takes place during the course of a day, the other is booked for a longer period of time.
Essentially a corporate retreat can be a number of different things. It might be a decadent hotel, decked out specifically for business use. It may be an action-packed activity-centre. Or, it might be a combination of many things, which in combination, work hard to get the best out of your colleagues.
There are a lot of benefits to booking a corporate retreat for your team. These include:
- Targeted results. Unlike generic establishments, corporate retreats are there to help you achieve specific results. You’ll identify beforehand what outcomes you want to achieve by the end of the break, and the retreat team will help you to achieve them.
- Staff engagement. There’s something exciting about leaving the office for a few days, and this can act as a catalyst for motivation and engagement – which is great if you feel that morale is low in the workplace.
- Reward. Corporate retreats can also be used as a staff reward. Yes, there will be team-building activities, but there’s plenty of opportunity to relax, spend time with colleagues and celebrate achievements.
Which is the Right One for Your Business?
Finding the best corporate retreat for your company depends very much on the nature of your business, not to mention your specific requirements. Before booking, ask yourself the following:
- What do I want to achieve? Do you want your employees to focus on learning a certain skill? Do you want to develop team collaboration? Is boosting the atmosphere of the workplace a top priority? Figure out what your goals are, as this will help you to identify the right location.
- What activities are best suited to my team? If the average age of your team is over 55, you may not want to book a frenetic, fast-paced corporate retreat, complete with rigorous physical activities and demanding challenges. Likewise, if your team are young, they would probably appreciate something lively, rather than a sedate corporate venue.
- What can I afford? It’s important to be realistic about costs. It might sound like a great idea to book a luxury hotel for your next company retreat, but if it blows your annual budget, it’s probably not worth the extra expense!
Kippure Estate – Specialist Corporate Retreats
If you’re looking for a venue that offers beautiful surroundings, a wide range of team-building activities, good food and accommodation, and a highly experienced corporate team, get in touch with Kippure Estate today. You can call us on 01 458 2889.