The Bike Project – Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
This Charity Bike Build provides a fantastic opportunity to bring your people together whilst supporting a charity or community project.
The Bike Project is a Corporate Social Responsibility activity programme where team members bond, build positive dynamics and give back to the community all at the same time.
For this team building challenge, we will divide all the participants into smaller teams of 5-6 people to build one bike per group.
You have the option of breaking up the day with debriefing sessions highlighting skills learned, values and corporate-community spirit.
Don’t worry if the participants aren’t all incredible handymen/women. Some members will be tasked with the important job of decorating a team race jersey. We’ll even give out a prize for the best one!
Once the bikes have been completed, team members participate in a slow bike race. The idea is to cycle as slowly as you possibly can without stopping, putting your foot down or falling over. The last team to cross the finish line is the winner!
Making a positive contribution
There is so much positive impact on the community by doing the Bike Project:
- Your company helps the Earth by building an eco-friendly bike
- Your company provides bicycles to those that can’t afford them. This brings a new sense of freedom to the beneficiaries, ridding them of their sense of isolation, allowing them to explore their communities and travel to work and other vital appointments
- Your company’s sweat and toil promote health and fitness, as those who receive your generous gifts will have a fun, convenient vehicle that gives them daily exercise
It isn’t just your community that benefits, either. Your staff will:
- Work together effectively and experience ultimate team building
- Develop an amazing synergy, as those who are mechanically inclined help those who are struggling.
- Break out of their comfort zone as they learn new skills
Prior to the event, your business chooses which charity, community project or youth scheme will receive the fruits of your labour. Alternatively, if you wish, Kippure Corporate can also make some recommendations on local non-profit organizations.
Once you and your employees have finished your noble, socially responsible task, feel free to relax.
You might even like to reward everyone with food and drink prepared by our renowned chefs. It’s the perfect way to end your day.
This event can be held indoors and outdoors, offsite or onsite!